One of the most exciting parts of remodeling is choosing your stone countertops. Minnesota residents have been trusting Northstar Granite for fabricating and installing stone countertops for more than 10 years, and we know all about stone and what is going to best suit your needs.
So what is the stone countertops selection process like?
First, think about what you’re going to be using the countertops for the most. Do you love to cook? Then you are definitely going to want countertops that are burn and heat resistant. Do you have a busy family life? Then you are definitely going to want countertops that are stain resistant. Narrow down what’s most important to you.
For example, granite is a great choice for those who like to cook because it’s heat resistant. Granite is also a great choice for families because it is stain resistant. You might also want to consider quartz because it’s a lot like granite: heat, stain and chip resistant.
If you’re looking for stone countertops for your bathroom though, marble is a lovely choice. It will add elegance and class to any bathroom.
Then you can come down to our show room to see what we have to offer:
One of our knowledgeable staff members can help you pick out the best stone countertops to suit your needs, your personal style and your home’s décor:
Select your stone and edge profile, and then from there, we’ll make sure you get the highest quality slab available:
Finally, we’ll take the stone you selected and start the fabrication process:
Soon enough, we’ll be at your house to start the installation process!
When you are ready to select the perfect stone countertops for your Minnesota home, call us here at Northstar Granite at 320-963-8677 or Request a Free Quote.
We love going above and beyond for our clients. We offer a wide selection of granite every single day for our customers. Our staff is friendly, knowledgeable and ready to assist you from the first phone call through installation and maintenance. We’re happy to do whatever we can to make our clients happy. So when we got a call from a homeowner across a lake in northern Minnesota, we said, “We’ll be there!”
Crane Lake Installation
Pictured below is our installation truck on a barge. Yes, you read that right: a barge. This is just one extraordinary example of how we went above and beyond for one client in particular. We’ll give you a little background on the story.
We did a whole-home granite installation project for a residence on Crane Lake, near Orr, Minnesota. It was a log cabin near the shore, with no adjoining roads. The only way to access this particular home was to cross the lake. So that’s what we did. We carried supplies on the truck, and then used the skid-loader (also pictured) to carry materials into the home once we made landfall. We installed granite countertops and vanities for a very grateful homeowner. We take jobs the other guys won’t. We got to help out a customer and snap one of our favorite pictures!
High Standards for Your Project
We strive to bring quality service and our high standards into each project we do. You’ll get the same type of care and attention shown to the family in the story above. Whether you live here in Maple Lake, or across the state, we’ll take care of you.
Are you ready to install granite countertops in your home? Contact us today by calling 320-963-8677 or Request a Free Quote.
We here at Northstar Granite Tops just love talking about our favorite subject: granite! Minneapolis residents know we’re one of the area’s experts on this beautiful and durable stone, and what’s more fun than talking shop and educating our customers? Here are a few interesting and fun facts about granite you may not know.
- Granite is almost as hard as diamonds.
- Contrary to popular belief, granite is not indestructible. It can be chipped or cracked if hit by an object that is heavy enough.
- Granite is heat and scratch resistant, but it’s still a good idea to use a cutting board to spare your knives.
- Granite countertops should be resealed every 12 to 18 months to ensure they stay as beautiful as the day they were installed in your Minneapolis home.
- There is radon in granite, but it’s such a miniscule amount that it will not cause any harm.
- Minneapolis homeowners love granite because it comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns and will match just about any home décor.
- The Great Pyramids in Egypt and Stonehenge in England are both made out of granite.
- Granite is found all over the world in countries like the United States, India and Brazil.
- If you are a fan of rock climbing walls, then you have climbed on granite!
- Granite is great for countertops in Minneapolis homes because of its durability. That means busy Minneapolis families don’t have to worry about being too careful around it as long as they take time to clean it and have it resealed on a regular basis.
Are you ready for granite countertops in your Minneapolis home? Give Northstar Granite Tops a call at (320) 963-8677 or contact us online to request a free quote!
We here at Northstar Granite Tops wish you a very happy holiday season! Are you going to be spending it with your loved ones this year? Going on a tropical vacation? Whatever you end up doing, we hope you have fun and that you are surrounded by the people you love the most.
Of course, we almost always have our mind on one thing around here: granite! In this blog, we’re going to give you a brief rundown of the differences between amateur granite, real granite and commercial granite, plus how it’s made.
Did you know the planet Earth is the only planet in our solar system that has granite on it? There are three different “types” of granite too.
Amateur granite: This is what most people would refer to as granite. It’s a light-color rock with coarse grains and a seemingly random arrangement of minerals. But geologists would refer to this kind of rock as “granitoid.”
Real granite: One of the granitoids, it has a quartz content between 20% and 60%. Alkali feldspar predominates this rock (rather than plagioclase feldspar). Feldspar is a mineral that forms colorless or pale crystals.
Commercial granite: This is the all-encompassing term for any stone that is used for buildings or other similar purposes (like statues, monuments or gravestones). It can refer to any stone with hard minerals and big grains.
We hope you learned a little something from our blog today! And for all of your granite needs, give Northstar Granite Tops a call at (320) 963-8677 or request a free quote online. We’ll be happy to talk to you about granite and all of its amazing uses! Plus we can give you more information about how we can install the granite countertops of your dreams!
Granite is a natural and beautiful material that is used for flooring, countertops and more in homes all across America. It is often chosen for its durability as much for its aesthetics. However, despite its wide usage there are some who don’t appreciate granite as being as practical as it is pretty. In fact, if you were to bring up the discussion of granite countertops or flooring in a group, chances are you would hear several people wax eloquent about “the trouble with granite”.
So, we thought we would take some time to dispel some of the common myths regarding using granite in one’s home.
- Minnesota ‘s top natural resource is granite. It seems that when one lives in Minnesota, there is a granite quarry or installer –or several- in nearly every town. After all, we seem to have quite an abundance of this beautiful natural stone! In fact, St. Cloud, Minnesota has even been nicknamed, Granite City. However, Barre, Vermont is actually the self-described granite capital of the world due to the huge amounts of granite discovered at Millstone Hill after the War of 1812. Oh, and by the way, Minnesota’s top natural resource is actually iron ore. (MN Department of Natural Resources)
- Granite countertops will stain easily. Granite countertops are resistant to stains, but spills should be wiped up quickly. Liquids like oil can cause a stain, if left to soak into stone; a poultice can be used to draw the stain from the granite.
- The beautiful finish that granite is known for disappears with time. Granite does not lose its shine, but marble, actually does. Granite is also scratch, chip and crack resistant, making it perfect for busy families.
- You have to use a hot pad or trivet in order to place hot pans on granite countertops. The mere formation of granite, is accomplished by heat, therefore, it can withstand having hot pans set on it without fear of damaging the surface of the granite.
- Granite’s pores are home to bacteria. Bacteria is everywhere, whether you have marble, laminate or granite. The only way to keep a bacteria free countertop –regardless of the surface- is by washing your countertop with anti-bacterial soap.
- Granite countertops are expensive. Although it is a higher end product than using laminate, keep in mind you get what you pay for – most laminate has a lifespan of 15 years, granite can last for decades.
Granite is a natural resource that Minnesota is blessed to have in abundance. It is a beautiful and practical countertop choice that can delight your senses for years to come. So, don’t be persuaded by the myths about granite, choose a stone that will always make you smile!
Are you interested in installing granite countertops in your Minnesota home? Give us a call today at 320-963-8677 or request a free quote online.