When in the market for Quartz countertops in Plymouth or surrounding areas, it can be fun to find out a little more about this interesting material. At Northstar Granite Tops, we specialize in Quartz countertops and have compiled a list of some of our favorite features that make engineered Quartz countertops so very incredible!
- Quartz is the “man-made” choice for countertops! It is composed of ground up natural quartz mixed with pigments, polymers and resins. By doing so, quartz countertops obtain a more uniform appearance which is appealing to many people!
- Quartz is currently enjoying a surge in popularity, the biggest reason can be attributed to the many advances in creating the stone’s aesthetic look, like the addition of organic-looking swirls, patterns, styles and variations.
- Quartz is a stunning material with a manufacturing process that allows for a wide range of colors and styles you won’t find in many other countertop options.
- Quartz is non-porous and therefore easily stands up to oil, juice, wine, coffee and other surface stains.
- A non-porous surface also means it is resistant to bacteria, making Quartz countertops easy to clean! All you need is a little soap and water.
- Quartz is also resistant to chips and cracks; but always use a hot pad when setting down something hot on it as it could scorch.
Did you know granite itself is composed of more than 20% natural quartz? Since quartz, the mineral, is a main ingredient in not only granite but the ever growing popular Quartz countertops, we have also compiled a list of some of our favorite fun natural quartz facts!
- Quartz is a very hard mineral with a Mohs scale hardness rating of 7, that’s just a few steps below the diamond rating!
- Quartz is known to be one of the most abundant materials on earth’s surface.
- You’ve seen geodes, right? It is a plain-looking rock with a hollow center, allowing for the formation of crystals, and in most cases these are quartz crystals! When you crack a geode open, you can truly appreciate the beauty of the quartz crystals within.
- Quartz is a crystal made of silica and oxygen and has been used in objects from computers and radios, to watches and kitchen counters!
- There are many varieties of quartz including purple amethyst, blue quartz, cactus quartz, chalcedony, rose quartz, smoky quartz among others.
With so much variety in color and style, Quartz countertops can make the perfect complement to a variety of home décor. Allow our team of experts at Northstar Granite Tops to help you find the best countertops for you and your home’s needs. Give us a call and we can tell you more about our many options in Quartz countertops in Plymouth and the surrounding areas. Call Northstar Granite Tops today at 320-963-8677 or contact us for a Free Estimate.