One of the biggest trends today in the world of kitchen design is the use of granite countertops. After all, they can be purchased in nearly every color, have an abundance of edges to choose from so they will completely match your style and they add value to your home. Consider the following:
- If you love to cook and thus spend a fair amount of time in the kitchen, you will want to choose slab granite countertops since it has fewer seams and can be cut to fit the exact dimensions of your counter space.
- What type of sink do you plan to use? While granite countertops can have any type of sink installed, it is recommended one choose an undermount sink as this makes it easier to clean up around the sink. It should be noted, that when an undermount sink is installed properly (ask a professional!) then there is no fear of leaking or the sink separating from the granite.
- Are granite countertops a good choice in homes with small children? Sure, granite countertops can be used in a home with small children. However, special care should be given in choosing the type of edge, as some edges are sharper, while others are more easily chipped. In a home with young children, it is best to choose granite countertop edges in the bullnose style.
- Unless you are a professional granite fabricator, it’s not recommended you install them yourself. A fabricator has the tools and knowledge of years of experience to ensure that your slab, modular or tile granite countertops look beautiful.
- What are the benefits of granite countertops? Aside from the aesthetics of granite countertops, other advantages of granite countertops include: durability, they can withstand heat, resistant to stains once it has been sealed, bacterial contamination is not a problem and it is easy to clean.
Granite countertops are one of the most versatile and practical kitchen surfaces on the market today.
Our fabricators are knowledgeable and would love to help you design the kitchen of your dreams. Contact us today at 320-963-8677 or Click Here to Request a Free Quote.