We here at Northstar Granite Tops just love talking about our favorite subject: granite! Minneapolis residents know we’re one of the area’s experts on this beautiful and durable stone, and what’s more fun than talking shop and educating our customers? Here are a few interesting and fun facts about granite you may not know.
- Granite is almost as hard as diamonds.
- Contrary to popular belief, granite is not indestructible. It can be chipped or cracked if hit by an object that is heavy enough.
- Granite is heat and scratch resistant, but it’s still a good idea to use a cutting board to spare your knives.
- Granite countertops should be resealed every 12 to 18 months to ensure they stay as beautiful as the day they were installed in your Minneapolis home.
- There is radon in granite, but it’s such a miniscule amount that it will not cause any harm.
- Minneapolis homeowners love granite because it comes in a wide variety of colors and patterns and will match just about any home décor.
- The Great Pyramids in Egypt and Stonehenge in England are both made out of granite.
- Granite is found all over the world in countries like the United States, India and Brazil.
- If you are a fan of rock climbing walls, then you have climbed on granite!
- Granite is great for countertops in Minneapolis homes because of its durability. That means busy Minneapolis families don’t have to worry about being too careful around it as long as they take time to clean it and have it resealed on a regular basis.
Are you ready for granite countertops in your Minneapolis home? Give Northstar Granite Tops a call at (320) 963-8677 or contact us online to request a free quote!