If you just had new granite kitchen countertops put in your Minneapolis home, you and your family are probably already enjoying them. New kitchen countertops can really change the look and feel of the room. While we have given advice before on how to care for these types of countertops, we thought we would give a few more tips on some dos and don’ts of caring for your new counters.
- Do make sure you clean up all spills as soon as possible after they happen. Your new kitchen countertops are stain resistant, but you should still make sure anything that is spilled on them is wiped up and not left to air dry. Darker liquids like red wine could leave a stain if they end up drying on your new counters. Simply use some water and a soft and dry cloth to clean up spills.
- Do consider getting a granite cleaner for your new kitchen countertops. There are several options on the market today, and we can advise you on which ones to use. Just make sure you carefully follow the instructions on the bottle.
- Do practice good habits. Keep an eye on things and make sure spills are wiped up. If anything hot is placed on your kitchen countertops, be sure there is a hot pad or trivet underneath. If anyone needs to paint or glue anything, do not allow them to do it on your kitchen countertops. Even if you put a towel or newspaper underneath, paint or glue could still get on the counters.
- Don’t always assume that your new granite kitchen countertops need to be resealed on a set schedule. Sometimes, they can go years without being resealed. Sometimes, they will never need to be resealed. There is an easy way you can tell if your kitchen countertops should be resealed: put a drop of water on them. If the water is absorbed, then you should have them resealed. If the water beads up, you don’t have to worry about having them resealed.
- Don’t assume that stains and etches can never be removed. There are several methods of getting rid of both of these types of eyesores. You can call us for assistance if you need to.
Do you want to learn more about new kitchen countertops for your Minneapolis home? Call Northstar Granite Tops at 320-963-8677, or you can contact us and get a Free Estimate.